Thursday, October 05, 2006

Good things come in small buns.

All these restaurants are starting to sell mini burgers these days. The O.G. mini burger was of course White Castle, but other places have been selling them for a while. Burger King had one in the late 80's called burger buddies. I remember them because my cousin used to shove a whole one in his mouth and then talk to us. My brother and sister used to play this game chubby bunny with sliders as well. One thing was always true: they were good 'n tiny.

So Inky and I were talking the other day about how any food stuff can be made better when it is tiny. Who doesn't love baby corn? Is there anything better then a mini taco? Does it get better then bit size pizza? The answers are: No one. No fucking way, and Big pizza is still better. I said that one mini item I would love to see was a mini cheesesteak, and so it goes.

Tonight in my kitchen I wiped up mini cheesesteaks and they were everything I could have ever prayed they would be. Three bites and they were gone. Just the right amount of steak, cheese, peppers onion and mayo. I could do wop version with red sauce, or even cali style with lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. There is no end to the possibilities. I have to say... this was good work out of me.

_

3 comments:

princess1128 said...

Sounds tasy...very tasty indeed. You can make them for me anytime.

frank said...

they dont look like 3 bites....they could have been smaller....but good idea

XL said...

How could you forget mini aka baby carrots? They look tasty but I'll take the Izo steak any day over the mini...