Sunday, October 15, 2006

Business Trippin'

For years growing up my Dad would be gone for 4 or 5 days at a time on business trips. Some times he was gone for much longer trips, having spent one 10 month period working in DC during the week and coming home to Jersey on the weekends. I thought all Dads traveled for work, but when I got into the work force I began to think I would never be one of those people. For the first 8 years of my career I went on only a handful of work trips, and they were very small. When I was working for a baseball team, I went with a friend from another team to see the Richmond Braves Video display, because we were getting our own. When I worked for a huge corporate bank I went to the headquarters for two nights to learn how to train other people, and... well that's it.

In my first two months on this job I have made a few day trips to Baltimore, DC and Western Maryland. Now I am getting ready to embark on my first overnight trip. I will drive down the Delmarva peninsula and over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel into Virginia Beach. (See a photo of my hotel above) I'll spend the night there and have a big meeting the next morning before heading out to Richmond where I will spend another night. The next day it is off to DC and then back home. This is nothing huge, mind you, but it is a big step for me. Plus the mileage check won't hurt either. So off I go in to the wild biz yonder, just like dear old Dad. (I wish)

_

1 comment:

frank said...

ahh..sweetie...remember to bring clean undies on your trip...