Friday, September 01, 2006

The New Job.

So, I just finished my second week at my new job, and so far I couldn't be happier. I spent the better part of today dealing with paperwork and organization, two things I loath. But, it didn't seem so bad, partly because the end justifies the means at this job. There is something so nice about working for an organization that you like, and in who's well being you are interested. Unlike my last job, I want my current employer to do well. Hell at my last job I all but wished that they would become the next Enron.

I know as time marches on I will get caught up in the normal office shit. When ever you are dealing with a bunch of personalities there will be a moment or two that rub you wrong. What's nice about this job is that there are no stock holders. Working for a non profit doesn't absolve you from having to think about the bottom line, but unlike the corporate world we are not slaves to the interests of others. My previous employer made no bones about the fact that the stock holder was more important then the employees. And so, two weeks into my non stock holder driven employment I must say leaving my old job was very good work out of me.

_

No comments: